Flash floods/sever weather cause line interruptions
Due to the consequences of storms and the rise of watercourses and torrents, railway traffic is obstructed on some rail lines in Slovenia, and some local roads are also closed, which makes it impossible to carry out alternative bus services for passenger traffic.
There are complete and unexpected traffic interruptions on individual sections of the tracks and also closure of individual lines and tracks. According to the weather forecast, in the following hours additional disruptions can be expected.
– Interruption of traffic on the section Ljubljana Vižmarje – Jesenice.
– Interruption of traffic on the section Rimske Toplice – Celje.
– Interruption of traffic on the section Ruše – Pliberk. Due to the extent of the damage a longer repair is already foreseen.
– Malfunction of the safety devices at Kranj station and on the Kranj – Podnart station section.
– Interruption of traffic on the section Most na Soča – Jesenice.
– Interruption of traffic on the section Šmartno ob Paki – Velenje
-Interruption of traffic on the section Ljubljana –Zidani Most.
Due to unwinding of the expected closure Maribor – Pesnica – Šentilj and unexpected line closures on the Ljubljana Vižmarje – Jesenice section the reception of freight trains from neighbouring administrations for the Republic Austria has stopped.
Maribor – Šentilj line is currently closed due to the TCR, which will last until August 13, 2023.
Stay tuned for further updates.